Sunday, January 25, 2009

TEAL CAME HOME!!!!!

I went and got Teal from Chicago today. I thought it was going to be a really long day, but it wasn't that bad. I have been playing with her since we got home and now the length of the day is catching up.
I picked her up from the airport because Mike and Sharon (her breeders) we nice enough to meet me there. We played for a long time in the airport waiting for our flight. She got to meet tons of nice people and seemed to like them all. She is so cute and fluffy that everyone wants to meet her.

Finally our flight was ready to leave. I was a little apprehensive about how she would handle the flight, but she was a very polite young lady. She didn't make a peep the whole flight, but I think she may have peed in her kennel. Poor little girl! Luckily we had lots of towels in there so she didn't get too nasty. She was silent in the car too, which is a great thing.



She is acclimating very well to her new house. She has been romping all around exploring the place, but hasn't gotten into any trouble yet. She ate her dinner without any hesitation and didn't even mind when I took her food away a few times. We have also been playing a bunch with the new tug that Deborah got me for Christmas. It has a little pouch in the bottom to put treats in that makes her extra interested. Here she is really chasing it around.



She and Ari had a mostly polite meeting. He does not think that she is a cute and sweet as I do, and he let her know that right off. He hasn't been too mean to her yet, but I wouldn't put it past him. She is holding her own though, she has pounced and barked at him a few time, but he was not amused. When he was outside and she was looking at him through the door she was really growling at him- I think she forgot who she was dealing with.
She is sleeping in my lap this very minute and making me very tired. She is going to sleep in her kennel tonight, which should be interesting. Her time until now has been puntuated by pitiful crying, but she might calm down once the lights are off. I am going to let Ari sleep in the bed tonight so that he might feel a little less jealous of the puppy.
Lots more to come!!!!!

No comments: